We understand the hardest part of entering the profession, is finding a sponsor. We suggest a couple of things:
- Join the Association of Texas Appraisers. Association of Texas Appraisers - Home (txappraisers.org) Associate membership is only $50/year. Our mid-year meeting is held every February in New Braunfels. Our annual meeting is held in the fall in various locations across the state. We also have regional meetings and socials for networking opportunities. Check here for our upcoming meetings. Please consider attending one of these events.
- Join the National Association of Appraisers The National Association of Appraisers - Join us (naappraisers.org) Associate membership is $50/year.
- Email Teresa Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask her to include your name on the list of trainees for the Association of Texas Appraisers. Please include your name, phone number and location. This list is updated weekly.
- Fill out the survey for PAREA (Practical Applications of Real Estate Appraisal) to indicate interest in the PAREA program. PAREA provides an alternative to the traditional supervisor/trainee model. Details are on the web page here: PAREA (appraisalfoundation.org).
- Here are some contacts that indicate they do hire (or will be hiring) trainees:
Recruiter, Consumer & Community Banking
Jeff Peters, Vice President
Clario Appraisal Network
Miriam V. Lopez
Chase Home Lending
Search our Job Opportunities at Wells Fargo
Sign up for talent community
Sr. Leader, CoreLogic Platinum Valuation Services
Direct (817) 699-8478
There will be several companies that are opening up in Texas in the near future that, hopefully, will be looking to ATA to help them fill any trainee slots they may have. We know it’s a long process, but totally worth it.