ATA’s 14th Annual Meeting and Education Conference will be held August 9-10 at the Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel and Conference Center, 1101 Woodlawn Avenue, Georgetown, TX 78628. The following events will be held at this annual meeting:
- Friday morning - 8:00 a.m. - Noon - TREC Legal II (Separate Registration Fee) The instructor will be Dawn Lavka. (4 hours)
- Friday morning - 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ATA Board of Directors Meeting (Session 1)
- Friday afternoon - 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Welcome and Update
- Friday afternoon - 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Industry Changes...What You Need to Know! This session will provide insight into industry changes. A great person once said “Nothing is permanent but change” and that is so spot-on in the real estate industry. This session starts with Jeff Bradford from Bradford Technologies discussing industry changes. The second half of the session, a panel of AQB Certified USPAP instructors (Bernerd Boarnet, ATA-G, Diana Jacob, ATA-G, Greg Reynolds, Pam Teel, ATA-G) and Troy Beaulieu (TALCB’s Director of Enforcement,) will review changes to the 2020-2021 USPAP and what you need to do to get ready for the new decade starting in 2020. (3 hours)
- Friday evening - 4:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. - ATA Membership Meeting
- Friday evening - 5:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - ATA Board of Directors Meeting (Session 2)
- Friday evening - 5:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Networking Reception
Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - Noon - Rules and Regulations Using Aerial Technology (Lamar Ellis – Drone Education Services) Unmanned aerial technology is revolutionary and can give those who understand it an advantage in the highly competitive world of real estate. Seminar attendees will walk out of this presentation with new ideas and thinking outside the box. (4 hours)
The seminar generates lively discussions and has opened doors to real estate that weren’t even thought of before. Lamar will weave appraisal valuation topics and real estate experience into the seminar. He currently works with several drone companies and consults with drone companies across the United States. He has developed a wealth of experience and can share some insightful points.
Saturday 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - The Appraisal Inspection (Bryan Reynolds, Reynolds Consulting Services) The appraisal inspection, the appraisal observation, the appraisal look-at, whatever you want to call it, is the most common and likely way for the practicing appraiser to obtain the physical characteristics of the subject property. But is it always required?
This class is to help you see the different angles and options within the appraisal of real estate. This class will offer new techniques and new twists on old techniques. Before you resist, which is your instinct, try to keep an open mind and an open approach to a new concept or technique. Do what your mother or grandmother told you to do at the dinner table when they tried to get you to sample the vegetables you absolutely didn’t want to. “Just try it, you might like it”. What did you do? You tried it.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network with fellow appraisal professionals at the continental breakfast, breaks, lunch, and at the networking reception Friday evening.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to stay on the leading edge of appraisal issues, as well as professionals who are responsible for keeping appraisal processes in compliance.
A block of rooms has been reserved for meeting attendees at the Sheraton. Sleeping rooms are $129 (plus tax) per night for single/double rooms. Reservations must be received by July 15, 2019. After this date, reservations will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis. Click here or call (866) 961-3327 and mention Association of Texas Appraisers to receive this discounted rate.
These courses are approved for 11 ACE Hours and 8 MCE Hours.
The fee to attend this meeting is $130 for ATA members and $260 for non-members. (Fees increase $20 14 days before the meeting.)
Registration with payment must be received at least five business days in advance of the conference to guarantee your registration. If you have not received an e-mail confirmation one week prior to the conference, please call ATA at (210) 837-7123, M-F, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. to confirm your registration.
If you have questions about exhibiting or sponsoring, please contact email@example.com. You can download the exhibitor/sponsor form here or pay on-line.
Written requests received three business days prior-full refund; fewer than three business days prior-no refunds will be issued.
About the Sheraton
Just 30 minutes north of downtown Austin, this newly built 222-room hotel makes the enjoying the best of the Hill Country completely effortless. Set on the banks of the San Gabriel River, outdoor activities from jogging trails to ropes courses are just steps away. This AAA Four Diamond hotel offers a heated oasis-like outdoor pool and park views. Relax in front of a fire pit on the outdoor patio or sip on local wine, beer, and cocktails at Jack's Lounge. Taste classic comfort cuisine at our signature restaurant Brix And Ale or dine on your schedule with 24/7 in-room dining. Take in a show at the nearby Palace Theater, kick back at one of our local wineries, or two-step to live music in Georgetown's Town Square - voted the most beautiful square in Texas. Click here for more information on Georgetown.
TREC Legal II is approved through Provider #0001; MCE: 33198. Industry Changes...What You Need to Know (ACE: 36973) Rules and Regulations Using Aerial Technology (ACE: 39676; MCE: 36969 - Provider #9974) The Appraisal Inspection (ACE: 36977; MCE: 36970 - Provider #9974)