Register Now...In person seats are limited!
ATA’s 15th Mid-Year meeting will be held February 19-20 (Friday and Saturday) at the Courtyard New Braunfels River Village, 750 IH 35 North, New Braunfels, TX 78130.Once again, we will also offer this meeting virtually. The following events will be held at this mid-year meeting:
- Friday morning - 8:00 a.m. - Noon - TREC Legal I* (instructor - Candy Cooke, ATA-G, Separate Registration Fee)
- Friday afternoon - 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Welcome (Ken Pruett, ATA-R, President)
- Friday afternoon - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Challenging Repairs** - This course gives students more familiarity with guidelines and reporting protocol regarding minimum property requirements for FHA, USDA and VA. Student will be able to identify minimum property requirements and have the ability to note deficiencies. Your instructor is Melissa Bond.
- Friday evening - 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Networking Reception
- Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - Noon - Foreclosure Properties** - This 4-hour course will teach student how to gain a greater understanding and knowledge base when developing and reporting Real Estate Owned (REO) appraisal assignments. Students' objective is to achieve a higher level of proficiency in FHA, USDA, VA, Fannie Mae, etc. guidelines for performing this type of assignment. Your instructor is Pam Teel, ATA-G.
- Saturday - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - The Workfile** - Presenter will discuss Workfile requirements and teach students how to compile/create a workfile that is compliant with USPAP's Record Keeping Rule for each assignment. Students will receive an in-depth review of collection, verification, and documentation necessary for producing credible opinions and valuation conclusions. Your instructor is Melissa Bond.
The ATA Board of Directors will meet Friday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network with fellow appraisal professionals at the continental breakfast, breaks, lunch, and at the networking reception Friday evening.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to stay on the leading edge of appraisal issues, as well as professionals who are responsible for keeping appraisal processes in compliance.
Because of the current pandemic, ATA has block fewer hotel sleeping rooms for this meeting. Our contracted rate is $129. This rate expires when our contracted room block is sold out or on Feb. 1 (whichever comes first). Call the Courtyard by Marriott River Village (830) 626-4700, ext. 0 to reserve your room today.
The fee to attend this meeting is $150 for ATA members and $300 for non-members. (Fees increase $20 14 days before the meeting.)
Registration with payment must be received at least five business days in advance of the conference to guarantee your registration. If you have not received an e-mail confirmation one week prior to the conference, please call ATA at (210) 837-7123, M-F, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. to confirm your registration.
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring, please contact email@example.com or download the exhibitor/sponsor form here.
Written requests received three business days prior—full refund; fewer than three business days prior—no refunds will be issued.
*TREC Legal Update I is offered by Texas Realtors; Provider #0001; CE: 37798.
**These classes are approved by:
TALCB (Provider #8) for 4 hours each - Challenging Repairs = CE: 40302; Foreclosure Properties = CE: 40282; The Workfile = CE: 40303.
TREC (Provider #9974) Challenging Repairs = CE: 40366; Foreclosure Properties = CE: 40365; The Workfile: CE: 40433.